Sump pumps are extremely efficient, and the Basement Watchdog BW1050 can be considered to be the best among the other models of this brand. But the BW1050 often doesn’t come with the necessary battery backup that can manage the damage done by the various failures of the machine.
It is natural that a device would fail for some reason or the other and it is then you are reminded of the necessity of the backup. So, if there is damage to the stuck float switch or you encounter a case of power outage, your pump will not function unless there is a battery backup.
However, the sump pumps released by the Basement Watchdog have a good battery backup and an efficient monitoring system which lets you know of any trouble immediately through an alarm.
It also comes with a fluid sensor so that there can be easy monitoring of the fluid level inside the battery.
These specifications are standard to all Basement Watchdog pumps. However, the BW1050 sump pump has other specifications.
- The pump can function to fetch 4400 gallons each hour, and it is one of the most powerful pumps that have ever been produced by the franchise.
- Despite being so heavy duty, the pump is not at all heavy. It only weighs 13 pounds.
- The pump also consumes little space as the dimensions of 6.2*6.2*11.8 inches indicate that a lot of power is packed into the small body.
- It includes a 10 ft electric cable so you can place it a bit further away from the electrical source if need be, which gives a positional flexibility to a great extent.
- It consumes one horsepower which shows that it has a high-efficiency level.
- The product comes with a two-year warranty period.
- Surely this is a lengthy period, and that allows the customer to change or repair the product through the maintenance and support system of the franchise.
- The pump is tested for industrial strength which indicates that it can perform its duty continuously if needed.
- It comes with a protective cage for dual float switches which ensures that there is no damage to the switches by any means.
- The motor is of the permanent split capacitor type, making it extremely efficient.
- The discharge is vertical in nature. So, you can now fit the pump in really small sump pits, as small as holes of 7-inch diameter.
- It is ideal for small pits, so whenever there is an issue of digging water from otherwise tight holes, it can help.
- Extremely cost-effective considering the performance it provides and probably the best deal among all the pumps of this franchise.
- One of the most efficient pumps regarding power consumption considering the amount of work it can do, as it runs only on 115 volts.
- The alarm system is extremely user-friendly as the controller rings the alarm along with the warning light flashing when there is an issue.
- So, it will come to your notice immediately.
- The pump can get clogged from time to time and cables may become loose with time.
- The battery can become dead after a point, and the lack of backup power is worrying.
- However, the pump notifies you immediately if there is any problem. So, that is advantageous.
Hence, if you are in need of a heavy duty sump pump for all sorts of purposes that keeps your electric bill low, then this pump is probably the best choice you can get at this price. It is truly a budget pump at its best.
from Sump Pump Advisor http://ift.tt/2rh442c